Text Coming Soon!
In 1883 local preacher Henry Blews decided to organize a Free Methodist Church in New Castle. He planted a wheat field to finance his efforts and invited the Rev. John S. McGeary, a preacher from Mercer County, to conduct a two-month revival beginning in December 1883. The revival was a success and on February 24, 1884, the First Free Methodist Church was organized and began holding services in a small chapel believed to be near the intersection of Arlington and Wilson Avenues. A church (shown above) was built on Arlington Avenue and dedicated on July 20, 1889. A parsonage was built next door at a later date. (Mar 2013) Full Size
(Mar 2013) Full Size